Thank you for considering a gift to Adirondack Foundation through Adirondack Gives.  100% of your gift will be directed to the campaign you have designated. Adirondack Foundation validates the 501(c)3 status of organizations using Adirondack Gives as a fundraising tool but does not endorse or evaluate any campaign. Adirondack Foundation reserves the right to decline a campaign for any reason. 

You’ve got questions. We’ve got answers. At least we hope so. If you have a question that isn’t answered below, send us an email at chris@adkfoundation.org or call (518) 523-9904. First and foremost, an important disclaimer:

Is there a fee to use Adirondack Gives?

Adirondack Foundation brings Adirondack Gives to donors and campaign creators free of charge. Adirondack Foundation pays for credit card processing and transaction fees.

Why does my credit card or bank statement show Adirondack Foundation/Adirondack Gives instead of the campaign I donated to?

Adirondack Gives is a project of the Adirondack Foundation, which manages the donations that come through the site. Your donation first goes to the Adirondack Foundation, and once processed, we give it to nonprofits, charities and civic groups in the form of a grant. This lets Adirondack Foundation send you an acknowledgement letter upon completion of your transaction.

Is my donation tax-deductible?

Yes. Adirondack Foundation administers Adirondack Gives and is recognized by the IRS as a public charity. Our EIN#, or federal tax ID, is 16-1535724. You will receive a gift receipt via e-mail that can be used for your tax records.

Is my donation safe and secure?

Yes. Adirondack Gives is a secure and protected website. To process credit card information, we use Authorize.Net, which maintains the highest industry security standards, as well as PayPal.

What is a 501(c)(3)?

501(c)(3) is a section of the tax code which indicates that the IRS has determined an organization to be a charitable, not-for-profit entity. When creating a campaign on Adirondack Gives, you must include an EIN number (also known as a Federal Tax ID). If you are in the process of obtaining 501(c)(3) status, a copy of a receipt/acknowledgement from the IRS that the paperwork has been received will suffice, however, funds from a campaign will not be issued until the IRS has determined your 501(c)(3) status.

If you don’t have a Federal Tax ID, you may seek a fiscal sponsor…

What is a fiscal sponsor?

Funds raised through Adirondack Gives must be paid to a 501(c)(3), town or municipality, church or public school. If your organization or group does not have 501(c)(3) status, you might be able to use a fiscal sponsor which is an organization with a mission that is supported by your project. They must be willing to accept money on your behalf, and they would be ultimately responsible for making sure your project is completed and that all grant reports are filed as required. Some organizations charge a fee to be a sponsor. If you need to use a fiscal sponsor, we require the Federal Tax ID from the sponsor’s 501(c)(3) determination letter.